Mar 24, 2015

Symptom No.3: Lucky (me)

Here's the third and last report (for now) of Solenn fever.

This raglan cables jacket, named Lucky (me), is the pattern I'd wanted to knit for one year. I translated it into Japanese last year and it was a smash hit of my online store. And I loved knitting it! It's worked from the top down, you increase for raglan and fronts and incorporate as you go the cables (worked symmetrically). After the waist shaping, you make these pockets hidden in cables, it was really fun!

The details are really well thought too. At the very last row of cables, sts number is adjusted so that cables flow into ribbing. Two sides of pocket lining are knitted with the body, you just have one side to seam. Buttonband is worked in St st, but the back neck you don't sew buttons on is worked in ribbing to keep the edge from rolling up overmuch.
And I just followed literally the instructions, it's fuss-free!

I used Lima from Drops, a lighter version of Nepal that I used for Quadrature for Korrigan. As the latter, it's warm and cozy, slightly fluffy (and very reasonable). For the buttons, I chosen dark wooden ones that match this stylish simplicity of the jacket. They are from La droguerie.

We had some sunny, warm, springlike days in the northern half of France at the beginning of March, but it's gotten cold again, I'll have some chances to wrap myself up in this jacket, lucky me!

Project Data
Pattern: Lucky (me) by Solenn Couix-Loarer
Yarn: Drops LIMA: #701, appx 1230 m/1340 yds (Size M1)
Needles: 4.5 mm/ US 7 and 4 mm/ US 6
on Ravelry | in Japanese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...