May 22, 2014

Ecological Yarn 1

After a long wait which had worried me, the parcel from the USA has arrived on Monday! The reason of the delay is the strike of postmen (and women) in my city that had been lasting 2 weeks, yes, ça, c'est la France!


The parcel contained "American" ecological yarn. It's often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, here are the photos.

Source: Externe
Opal

Source: Externe
Talc

Source: Externe
Ruby

These are Balance skeins from o-wool, balance between organic cotton and merino. This composition, perfect for transitional months, is rather rare in France, I was happy when I found it (on Ravelry search engin).

I chose this yarn for spring/autumn projects in my Queue, but the purchase was also motivated by the environmental and social commitment of the owner Jocelyn! All her yarns are made - scoured, spun, dyed - in the USA with products and process certified green, to perpetuate, even on a small scale, the local textile industry.
And half of the raw material - organic cotton - of this yarn comes from the USA, while organic merino from South America, hence my caution. The Americas are vast, compared to France, or Japan... That said, I fully support her initiative!


I'm so looking forward to knitting Shellseeker by Heidi Kirrmaier, in this soft color combination!

Source: Externe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...